|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
Analytical Technician – Chemistry (W. Sacramento, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting temp to perm opportunity to work as an Analytical Technician at a Chemical Research and Development Company.
Temp to Perm Opportunity!
Pay Rate: $18 to 20/hour, depending on Experience
Full Time (40 hours a week), Monday-Friday, Daytime Hours
Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals in hot and cold environments.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As directed and trained:
- Analyze samples using GC-FID, GC-MS, HPLC (with UV, RID), and other analytical techniques (DSC, titration, etc.)
- Prepare solutions; standard volumetric solutions and reagents used in laboratories
- Check data for correctness and completeness, adhering to the QA/QC policy
- Help maintain and troubleshoot analytical instruments
- Perform other duties as required.
- At least one year of successful work experience in a science laboratory
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or closely related field is required!
- Coursework in general chemistry, organic chemistry, and quantitative analysis, or comparable coursework and/or experience.
- Laboratory safety rules and chemical hazards
- Principles, practices, procedures, vocabulary, supplies, materials, and equipment commonly used in a science laboratory
Skills and Qualifications:
- Identify and work with instruments and equipment, solutions, supplies, and materials common to the field of analytical chemistry
- Sustain regular work attendance
- Work well independently as well as cooperatively and effectively with staff members and members of the same and different department
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Exercise initiative and good judgment
- Correctly follow a given rule or set of rules and/or SOPs
- Understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing; communicate orally and in writing
- Use a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
Physical and Environmental Factors:
- Stand and maneuver for extended periods of time
- Routinely work with and around hazardous materials
- Make precise and accurate coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- See details of objects at close range.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.