|Date Posted||June 9, 2018|
Animal Science Research Technician – Minneapolis MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for an Animal Science Research Technician for one of our top clients in Minneapolis, MN. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
As an Animal Science Research Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible to facilitate client sponsored preclinical research specializing in biocompatibility, pharmacology and toxicology studies.
- Facilitate the execution of client sponsored preclinical research specializing in biocompatibility, pharmacology and toxicology.
- Performs all in-life activities for small laboratory animals including data collection, providing for their basic needs, and performing a variety of procedures as part of the research process.
- Procedures performed include, for example, small animal surgery, anesthesia, dosing of test agents in small animals through a variety of dosing methods, such as intraperitoneal, intravenous, epicutaneous, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, oral, and applying topical test agents, scoring and assessing reaction to the agents, and post-procedure recovery etc.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Desire to work with small laboratory animals
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related veterinary field Animal Science, Veterinary Technology or Biology
- LAT certification is required
- Certified Veterinary Technician CVT certification is preferred.
- Experience in a laboratory setting is preferred
- Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.