|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for all phases of the development life cycle to support NetSpend’s Business Intelligence needs. Your primary deliverable will be Qlik Sense applications to assist your business partners in drawing actionable insights from their data. In addition, you will be supporting ad hoc business requests and projects as needs arise.
To be successful, you must be more than just a stellar architect, technician, or data modeler. You will have one foot in IT, while the other is planted firmly with the business users. You will need to bring a diverse spectrum of skills to elicit requirements, design and develop applications, perform data analysis, and present actionable insights from data. You should know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization, understand the value and benefit of solid data analysis practices, and be able to translate that into satisfied business partners.
- Elicit requirements from a wide range of different teams
- Evaluate business requirements against existing data sources
- Develop extract, transform, and load (“ETL”) procedures from multiple data sources as needed to meet business requirements
- Design and develop dimensional data models to support BI application layer
- Leverage best practices for dashboard and data visualization to make key decisions and drive business results
- Distill, present, and evangelize findings. Summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences
- Assignments are broad and complex in nature requiring originality, ingenuity, and leadership, and will often have appreciable latitude for decision making and require working under minimum supervision
- 3+ years of creating BI applications (Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Spotfire, Power BI), including dimensional data models and interactive visualizations
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence, or business analysis
- Deep understanding of ETL processes, including normalization and standardization of disparate data sets
- Strong SQL skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data, and extract insights that led to tangible results
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.