|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||November 27, 2018|
Currently looking for a Cable Technician with commercial, structured cabling, telecommunications experience. The Ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of structured cable /telecommunications experience.
Responsibilities of Cable Technician
- Label, pull and terminate cat 5/cat 6 cable
- Load and install workstations, laptops and peripherals
- Install data equipment including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, etc.
- Test all installed cable using appropriate testing equipment
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Installation of voice lines to various types of phone equipment
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent employer in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company for which he works.
Requirements of Cable Technician
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in telecommunications and have the have knowledge of labeling, pulling and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic
- They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
- An ability to read blueprints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke.
- Fiber termination and patch panel experience is a plus.
- Must have basic hand tools, including: punch down tool, snips, drill, sheet rock saw, screwdrivers, sharpie, level, toner, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation to drive to different job site locations.
- Must be able to pass a background check to work in live office and commercial environments.
- Open to possible travel
- Experience with internet/cable installation is a plus.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.