|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2018|
Cable Technician Jobs, Employment in Kansas | Indeed.com
Our client is looking for hard working and dependable Cable Pullers/Technicians capable of working in a fast-paced environment. These individuals will preferably have experience working in large scale construction environments and performing general labor duties.
- Rack setup, layout, leveling and power strip setup.
- Ladder and Fiber trays Construction.
- Installation and maintenance of the structured cabling system.
- Switch racking.
- Crossover work with the facilities team as needed.
- Terminating fiber optic cabling.
- Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Able to use creativity working within boundaries of the relevant policies, procedures guidelines
- Accountable for tasks within scope and their effective delivery
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to follow a blueprint
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 32 ft high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
- Ability to work while standing 50 – 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.