|Date Posted||March 21, 2018|
MSI is seeking a Cable Technician to support our client in McLean, VA area. Qualifying candidates will have solid familiarity with cable installation practices.
· Install, test, and plan the proper installation of communication and security lines.
· Technician will ensure that all communications racks are properly grounded according to code.
· Troubleshoot problem communication lines identifying mislabeled cabling, correcting improperly installed cables, ensure that cabling is installed according to low voltage code and serve as the main point of contact for all cabling for all locations.
· Serve as the technical advisor for needed cabling specification and type for the enablement of networking equipment.
· Ability to read floor plans, plan trips for installs, work independently, and communicate effectively with upper management and vendors.
· Maintain cable plant master files. Coordinate and supervise the installation of all new cabling as well as the removal of unused legacy cabling that no longer meet need specification throughout locations.
· Ability to research and obtain quotes from vendors for needed cabling services.
· Detailed oriented with the ability to determine all needed equipment, parts, appropriate cabling amounts and length of project for all installs.
· Must have knowledge of WAN circuits, phone wall fields and have the ability to extend circuits.
· Experience working in a network operations center.
- Ability to support Low voltage cabling, experience with Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A cable plants, multi pair riser and tie cabling as well as exposure to fiber cable plants.
- Understanding of singlemode and Multimode installation and termination to include proper connector fitment.
- Very beneficial to have exposure to Fluke test equipment and OTDR Testing