This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
Position Title: Cabling Technician
Position Type: 2-3 month contract, opportunity for extension
Our healthcare client is seeking cabling technicians to join their support team in Lexington, KY. Primary responsibilities include:
- Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Category 5e, Category 6, Category 6e, Category 6A, Category 7, Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems, and Access Control system cabling.
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards
- Mechanical and fusion fiber termination and splicing.
- Installation of cable tray, and other cable pathways.
- Accurately test and save copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables
- Installation of wireless access points and other ancillary hardware
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code
- Perform site surveys, read and use blueprints and floor plan and conduct visual site inspections
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures
- Demonstrates genuine concern and support for others.