|Date Posted||April 17, 2018|
McKinstry FMS LLC, a division of BGIS is currently seeking Calibration Technician to join the team.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010
Purpose Statement : Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Setup, calibration, and troubleshooting of temperature, pressure, humidity, final control elements and a wide range of instrumentation.
- Managing the sites calibration program and any associated deviations through CompuCal calibration management software suite.
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions for processes and calibration activities
- Ensure all calibrations are completed as per the appropriate calibration procedure.
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner including calibration and instrumentation documentation. Prepare and submit accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on relevant area responsibilities.
- Assist in the development of SOP/MOP/EOP documentation for all calibration related tasks.
- Provide technical support and input to the Critical Environment Operations Team.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and engineering documentation, line diagrams, P&IDs etc.
- Experience in working with CMMS systems to track and control working hours and task data.
Qualifications, Experience and Character:
- Verified trade or technical school certification. AAS or equivalent in Instrumentation program.
- Calibration Qualification will be a distinct advantage.
- 3 years working experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. Data Centre Experience an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc). Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business Critical environments
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
- Exposure to working with and supervising sub-contractors and external service suppliers
- Must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and reliable
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.