|Date Posted||April 14, 2018|
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Command Station Technician for SMG PA Convention Center. The Command Station Technician shall be responsible for the operation of a Continuum Building Security and Access System. Also, a Siemens life-safety-fire alarm system as well as a DvTel CCTV System. Position reports to the Support Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, record and respond to alarms and other emergencies in and around the Center
- Monitor security/safety activities in and around the Center or on close-circuit television monitors and audio alarms
- Coordinate with contracted security supervision to investigate, alarms and /or emergencies to police and/or fire departments and/or hospitals
- Receive incoming calls by telephone, radio and alarm system
- Maintain logs as directed
- Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Support Services Manager
- Proficiency in use of CCTV, including monitoring, recording, and playback
- Monitor Building HVAC and Lighting Systems
- Proficiency in maintaining an electronic incident reporting system
- Other duties may be assigned.