|Date Posted||April 7, 2018|
Provide support for desktop computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Install, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals.
Prepare computers utilizing imaging technology and current security and anti-virus solutions.
Monitor Help Desk ticketing system, ensure proper routing, and address L1 Desktop Services-related tickets. Provide support by phone, email, remote access or campus visits. Weekly travel to the Marshfield and Stevens Point campuses should be expected. Occasional travel to the Adams County Center may be required.
Assist department staff with IT-related projects.
Maintain documentation/knowledgebase for users and technical staff.
Maintain hardware inventory information and prepare hardware for proper disposal.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
Minimum of one year of experience working with computer technology in a business environment required.
Experience in a large-scale environment preferred.
Experience with Microsoft products is required. Experience with Apple products is desirable.
Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Initiate action by taking prmopt action to accomplish objectives; taking actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Plan and organize by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed.
- Demostrate effective work standards by setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self- imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Make decisions by identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Exhibit adaptability by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Demostrate innovation by generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Build partnerships by identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Build trust by interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communicate with others by clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Must embrace MSTC's 'core values' of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is 15.25 – $17.42 per hour.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting 'See Resume' will not be considered.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 500 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers and operating systems are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9
Internet Explorer 10, 11 (Only when used with Windows 7 or 8)
Safari 5 for Windows
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, 7(32-bit), 7(64-bit)
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5351.