|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||December 8, 2018|
Our client has multiple needs open for entry level cable technicians. These technicians will be learning cabling on a grand scale. There is a great chance for advancement in this company. Their role will be to assist the higher level techs and the team leads in building out the infrastructure to include: pulling cable, pulling fiber, learning color codes, learning how to punch down and terminate fiber, installing cable trays and pathways, and build server racks.
Responsible for cabling and termination of Cat3, Cat5, Cat6, CATV and various other wiring disciplines.. The position includes the testing and troubleshooting of wiring problems.
- Responsible for running new cabling in new or existing buildings.
- Termination and testing of new cabling.
- Knowledge in structured cabling and other advanced cable technologies.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately when dealing with other departments and/or personnel at all levels
- Demonstrates the initiative and creativity for self-development within and outside of the company.
- To preform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in various wiring configurations and terminations.
- Technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.