|Date Posted||December 9, 2018|
The Regional Engineering Manager/Critical Environments Manager for the Americas including the US and Latin America, will report to the Americas/LatAm Regional Manager. Responsibilities include the engineering design and engineering operations of office and data center build projects within your region. The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring the overall operational performance readiness, reliability, and integrity of the mission-critical infrastructure systems, which includes the following:
Air Handling Units (AHUs), UPSs, PDUs, Generators, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Storage, Switchgear, Utility Feeds, Transfer Switches, Pumps, Water Piping, Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, Access Control, Monitoring, SCADA, Building Management System (BMS) Operations, and Leak Detection systems. The candidate must be familiar with the requirements of working in a 24×7 mission critical/data center environment. The successful candidate should also have familiarity with network topology and understanding of communication protocols such as Modbus & SNMP.
The successful candidate must have an understanding of how these systems function and be capable of performing corrective measures. He or she will also be responsible for the supervision of Building Engineers and Data Center Technicians where applicable and manage all critical service providers that support the facilities Infrastructure systems. Focus on KPI goals and objectives and maintain a strategic view in managing operations for the infrastructure. Strong skills in client relationship management and communication, critical engineering practices, organizational savvy, team leadership and ability to identify and manage variation in metrics. Ensures all resources i.e. human, financial, etc. are managed within the policies and procedures of the Client and JLL.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of Mission Critical Infrastructure Systems including the ability to recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Establishes critical environment guidelines for all process and procedures for critical facilities, including work process and authorization, incident management, and routine operations & maintenance process and procedures to maintain 100% up-time.
- Teams with project management to develop client scope of work document and ensure project plans are complete.
- Formulates, approves and implements preventative maintenance and collaborates with project management in the delivery of projects, with minimal disruption of building services.
- MEP System Repair & Maintenance Budget management.
- Operation and Maintenance of BMS systems utilized by Client.
- Ensure adherence to all Client standard operating procedures, method of procedures, and emergency response procedures established for the mission critical environments and systems.
- Implementation of the standards and procedures set forth in the Client Data Center Procedures Manual and the Data Center Access Control Policies.
- Review and improve preventative maintenance procedures for all critical infrastructure systems.
- Full responsibility for adherence to code, laws and regulations within managed facilities.
- Ensure there is appropriate 24/7/365 support coverage and emergency response to infrastructure failures and all Client SCADA Alarms.
- Work with facility managers and provide guidance on equipment operations, preventive maintenance, and alarm response requirements.
- Conduct routine and ongoing assessment of the infrastructure systems operations.
- Monitoring of all maintenance reports and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment.
- Provide Project Management support of the MEP portions of all office and data center builds.
- Manage all MEP Vendor contracts
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Data Center Operations, Military, or other equivalent related life experience preferred.
- Five to Ten years of building engineering management, facilities management, data center management, or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of mission critical cooling systems, power systems, mechanical systems, and fire suppression systems.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Arc Flash Safety (NFPA 70E)
- Electrical or HVAC State licenses would be a plus.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Auto Cad and Integrated Work Maintenance Management System (IWMS) software.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Spanish language, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a decentralized environment with an ability to deliver.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Candidate must be available for shift work, weekend work, and on-call escalated problems on a 24/7/365 basis.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.