This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
Our Custody Technician operates and monitors an electronic computerized security and surveillance system.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- One (1) year of experience in Law Enforcement and/or security work, the operation of computer equipment, and/or the use of automated security or surveillance systems
- None required
- Monitors an electronic touchscreen display monitor and takes actions required to correct breaches of security and/or mechanical equipment failure announced by the system by directing the deployment of conventional security forces, advising the Security Shift Supervisor, or notifying local Law Enforcement and/or Fire-Department Agencies as directed, and when the immediate situation may demand.
- Performs actions required to command the system to perform various functions, such as unlocking or locking electronic doors and placing devices in an access or secure mode to allow or prevent movement of people as necessary. Maintains post equipment by completing daily equipment inventory and checks.
- Maintains the system log which automatically records all events/activities by inserting pertinent remarks in reference to events as they occur.
- Performs functions necessary to obtain any information from the system to determine the status of security, mechanical equipment or the system itself.
- Performs operator maintenance on the system in accordance with established procedures.
- Initiates alarm summaries, group and all address summaries, trend reporting and other commands to verify proper system functioning.
- Takes action required to correct the situation if possible or to obtain the services of maintenance personnel in the event of system failure.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer