|Location||Yuba City, CA|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2018|
Voice and Data
Cyber Transport/ Network Administrator
Infrastructure Systems (Cyber Transport). The contractor shall:
- Have a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and be certified IAW DoD 8570.01-M and industry standards.
- Share responsibility for voice, video, data transport systems within the confines of the base with government technicians (Infrastructure Systems technician).
- Operate, maintain and configure routers/switches/voice systems/Voice over IP (VoIP)/Video bridges, ITNs, comm closet wiring.
- Maintain Network Encryption devices intended to apply encryption internal to the base campus—i.e., TACLANEs providing local Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) connectivity.
- Perform internal base campus network fault notification and management.
- Perform DNS/DHCP IP administration; install and perform administration on base campus wireless network devices.
- Perform network management planning; perform active network monitoring.
- Install and perform administration on base network infrastructure.
- Perform router/switch preventive maintenance inspections to include IOS upgrades.
- Program and administer telephony switches; to include VoIP.
Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) Infrastructure. The contractor shall:
- Upgrade, integrate, install, configure, test, maintain, dismantle and turn in data and video communication networks—both hardware and software. Required communication capability includes the understanding of the interconnectivity of wireless, fiber optics, coaxial and copper (twisted pair) broadband and baseband.
- Follow applicable environmental energy efficiency guidelines when purchasing new hardware or electronic equipment.
Network Infrastructure Support. The contractor shall:
- Provide network infrastructure support (technical control) including, but not limited to:
- Point-to-point installs and maintenance.
- Long-haul circuit management and operations.
- Loading circuit encryption equipment.
- Infrastructure network equipment.
- Installation, repair and management of network infrastructure
Net Integration. The contractor shall:
- Operate, maintain and configure voice, data and video routers, hubs, switches, ITNs and bridges to interface with commercial, DoD and coalition networks.
- Control and configure internal routers/switches and network infrastructure devices
Net Encryption. The contractor shall:
- Operate and configure point-to-point, VPN and bulk encryption for network and long haul circuits.
- Provide encryption to the base campus SIPRNet connectivity, i.e., TACLANEs.
Net Architecture/Configuration Management. The contractor shall:
- Maintain and administer network (voice, video and data) management, planning and circuit databases, records and forms.
- Interpret sketches and layout drawings for placement of distribution systems.
- Review, recommend and implement changes to Communications-Computer Systems Installations Records (CSIR), technical data, engineering drawings and equipment wiring diagrams.
- Review and maintain operational measurement reports and analyzes network utilization.
- Ensure equipment and components meet installation practice technical order and accepted commercial installation specifications.
- Perform active network monitoring.
Communications- Computer Systems Control (Tech Control). The contractor shall:
- Operate, monitor, secure and control the physical, data link, network and transport layers of Communications-Computer Systems (C-CS)
- Perform, coordinate and supervise design, configuration, operation, restoration and improvements.
- Analyze capabilities and performance, identify problems, take corrective action, operate cryptographic equipment and fabricates cable assemblies.
- Perform C-CS control facility quality assurance evaluations.
- Direct and make operational adjustments to C-CS equipment.
- Ensure links support the transmission of data, for example; electronic mail, voice and video, between these organizations.
- Maintain and monitor all aspects of the LAN.
- Assume operational control of the wireless network and provide network service and maintenance.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178