|Date Posted||May 2, 2018|
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Data Center Administrator with one of our major healthcare clients in the Westbury / Lake Success, NY area. If interested, please send a word document version of your most updated resume to Matt at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Data Center Admin/Technician
Lake Success, NY
6+ Month Contract (Extendable)
Duties include immediate response to facility related issues in order to prevent or mitigate any impact to data center operations. The incumbent is responsible for the facility planning and coordination of outside vendors and physical facilities personnel conducting work within the data center space (i.e. electricians, HVAC and cable technicians) insuring that regular preventive maintenance and emergency repairs are performed as specified and on schedule. In addition, The Data Center Administrator is responsible for creating, monitoring, and approving work orders. The incumbent will maintain the data/spreadsheets used for tracking, forecasting, and production of the weekly and monthly reports. They will also be responsible for creating reports and documenting procedures. The Data Center Administrator will also assist in maintaining the physical infrastructure of the data centers. This includes, but is not limited to, racking and stacking of servers and network equipment, running cables, decommissioning servers, and maintaining the inventory in the dcTrack tool. The incumbent is also responsible for executing work orders and monitoring our CA ticket queue
* Ensure electrical and network redundancy for all equipment
* Document and maintain equipment inventory and electrical circuit assignments
* Document and maintain elevation diagrams for all installed data center assets
* Maintain the capacity planning and forecasting reports
* Collect environmental data, analyze and produce trending analysis reports
* Track projects in pipeline to ensure effective allocation of data center resources
* Maintain a safe and secure environment
* Provide and maintain written policies and procedures for all environmental systems (i.e. power, HVAC, fire suppression)
* Identify opportunities for automation
* Assist with implementing new technologies within the data centers
* Be available 24×7 for after-hours work and emergency situations
* Rack and stack servers.
* Maintain data center inventory Hardware
* Wintel and UNIX servers
* Network equipment – switches, wireless gear, fiber optic and copper cable connect systems
* Specialized Data Center power quality monitoring equipment (Site Scan hardware components, Power Meter components and UPS battery monitoring hardware)
* Data Center electrical and mechanicals system Software
* CA UNICENTER – set up monitoring, create and modify scripts and parameters, set up alerts and thresholds
* CA Service Desk – change control and work flow tasks
* MS Excel (must be intermediate or better) – spreadsheet, graphing, charting, formulas, and reporting * MS Word – Creating reports and procedures
* MS Visio – Elevation diagrams, floor plan layouts, flow charts Skills & Experience requirements:
* 3-5 years of experience in supporting data center infrastructure
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants to apply.