|Date Posted||September 6, 2018|
Apex seeks a client facing Senior Data Center Technician with proven expertise coordinating day to day moves and contributing to large data center upgrade. Qualified individuals will be hands-on with an in depth knowledge of the physical data center moves (rack, stack, patching and troubleshooting connectivity). This role will be working in fast-paced enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. This is a highly visible role that will have constant interaction with key clients.
- Coordinate data center migration with internal, client and vendor project teams throughout the execution
- Coordinate with internal teams and vendors to schedule cutover dates based on prioritization and business needs
- Gather documentation and establish project plans/processes
- Advise clients on potential risk, and manage client expectations
- Minimum of five years data center/server consolidation project experience (build, consolidation, relocation, migration or virtualization projects)
- In depth expertise related to physical data center moves focused on server hardware installation (patching, rack, cabling infrastructure, power distribution).
- Demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of data center operations (i.e., production operations, server, storage, network, database, systems, help desk, DR/business recovery and continuity practices, etc.)
- General understanding of all data center functions (production operations, network, change control, DR/business recovery, help desk, systems management and facilities) with a focus on server, storage and database technologies
- Basic applied understanding of data center functions, technologies and interdependencies:
- Server platform technologies
- Storage platform technologies including hardware and software
- Data center/server operational components (monitoring, management, etc.)
- Asset management (experience with tools/process)
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills are required
- Project monitoring and corrective action
- Communication mechanisms including project status reports and dashboards, meeting agendas and minutes and executive reports and presentations
- Execute change control, quality, risk management and communications throughout the project
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Office tools to manage plans, charts, reports and documentation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In summary, we seek a smart, energetic professional who is a self-starter and has a proven track record of finding and delivering data center migration projects, in a fast-paced, challenging environment!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178