|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Data Center Operation Technician to support one of our top clients in San Jose, CA! Please find the details below.
Data Center Operation Technician Overview
Location: San Jose, CA
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 2 months with the possibility to extend/go perm
Pay: $25/hr with flexibility based on experience
A data center technician provides support in many areas of data center operations.
• The technician’s responsibilities would include troubleshooting equipment failures, configuring new equipment and monitoring the operations to ensure that proper performance levels are sustained.
• Cabling on servers and switches and follow proper cabling guidelines.
• Technicians are involved primarily with working directly with the equipment.
• The data center technician's duties might involve installing new servers or other computer hardware components.
• The technician may also be called upon to upgrade existing hardware in servers, storage components. Installing new equipment might require the technician to run new cable, as well.
• As with all professionals, data center technicians should be adept at getting along with co-workers and working as parts of a team. In many data centers, these technicians work with a minimal amount of direct supervision. These individuals should be motivated and organized, and they should have the ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for direct deposit, weekly pay, and our referral program*
Is this opportunity not exactly what you are looking for? No problem! We have offices and opportunities across the country—visit our Talent Network to see what else is out there: https://itcareers.apexsystems.com/join
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178