|Location||Yorktown Heights, NY|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
SS&C Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of software solutions and services for the international investment community. Investment managers, broker/dealers, sponsors, and custodians around the world use SS&C's mission-critical and decision support systems. SS&C brings together experts in investments, providing superior client service from its headquarters in Windsor, CT and subsidiaries in Canada, United States, Australia and Europe. Visit us at www.ssctech.com
We offer exciting growth opportunities and the chance to work in a dynamic and fast growing segment of the financial services industry. Our clients are some of the best, brightest and most innovative private equity fund managers in the industry today. SS&C is an international player in fund administration and continues to expand its offerings as we enter new global markets.
We are looking for highly motivated IT professional with a basic understanding in networks, server or computer hardware, electrical and cooling principles for our Yorktown Heights office.
Must be able to work the hours of 10:30 PM to 7:30 AM. Must be able to work weekends when required.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and fix broken servers and network devices when needed
- Collaborate with the team to deploy new servers, cabinets, power, cooling, and other datacenter infrastructure requirements.
- Document and detail all work and implementations to share with the team
- Help to develop and implement global datacenter standards
- Use company applications to maintain proper tracking of all service requests
- Communicate with other technical departments globally
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- BS or BA in IT
- Understanding of computer components and their functionalities
- Understand basic network principles
- Experience or knowledge with electrical and cooling principles is a plus
- Ability to lift/move 30lbs+ of equipment on a daily basis
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software is a plus.
SS&C HAS AN EXCELLENT BENEFITS PROGRAM INCLUDING A MEDICAL AND DENTAL PLAN, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PLAN, AND 401K PLAN.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.