|Date Posted||August 30, 2018|
Data Center Tech.
Position Comments: Data Center Facilities- Global Data Center Technician
Description: Responsibilities: (Provide a brief summary.)
• Data Center Management.
– Installation and decommission of copper and fiber cables for all Data Center hardware.
– Physical installation of server rack and/or network appliance enclosures. Unpacking of equipment and transfer to raised floor.
– Server and network appliance hardware installation and decommissions.
– Decommission of all equipment on Data Center raised floor.
– Installation/relocation of perforated floor tiles.
– Assist with cleanliness & appearance of Data Center.
• Data Center Network connections
– Responsible for enforcing Data Center standards on fiber and copper cable installation methods. Land all jumpers at patch panels and FDU’s. Land jumpers at end-use device at direction of System Admin or platform owner.
– Maintain inventory of fiber and copper cables.
– Work changes for Network Appliance administrators, including hardware associated with Load Balancers, Firewalls, Internet Routers, Bluecoats, International Routers, WAN and Network taps.
– Assist Telecom group to troubleshoot network/communications issues.
• Change Records and Maintenance weekends
– Implements Change Records and Incident Records during off-hours and weekends on an as-needed basis.
– On-site support for ~10 Maintenance weekends per year (mostly Saturday’s).
– Enters, edits and closes Change Records in IT change system.
• Attention to Detail
– Update documentation on Facilities team room and circuits database
– Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be able to lift 60 Lbs.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178