|Date Posted||December 9, 2018|
Take your career to the next level with eXcell. We offer jobs with Fortune 1000 companies nationwide, AND invest in your career development through our generous, annual training contribution.
We are seeking an experienced Data Center Technical Operations Engineer II who will be responsible for ensuring the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Datacenter. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. The Data Center Engineering Technician will continue to maintain high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum, the engineer will drive innovation to reduce operational costs.
The Data Center Shift Engineers are the front line when it comes to hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting. They will maintain, operate, and troubleshoot, Data Center Operation’s Mission Critical Facilities, which includes stand-by diesel generators and related fuel systems, 3 phase electrical systems that include but not limited to switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, wet cell batteries and associated systems, CRAC, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers/water chemical system, air handlers and associated systems, pumps, & motors.
- Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or craw.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
- Carry objects weighing up to 49 pounds for short distances
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
- Maintain balance and perform construction tasks while on a ladder
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Work at depths, such as under raised floors
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling.
- 4+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com