|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
Experis Client is currently seeking a Senior Data Center Technician for a long-term contract assignment downtown Brooklyn, NY (very easy to get to via subway).
* Must have at least 8 years of experience in key technical role in successful data center optimization / virtualization / consolidation projects.
* Extensive experience with layer 1 connectivity of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Linux, Solaris.
* Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Solaris Zones/LDOMS,Delphix).
* Experience with V2V, P2V migration tools (Platespin, VMWare VConverter, Solaris P2V), as it related to layer 1 connectivity.
* Experience working within MS SQL Server and Oracle database environments, as it relates to layer 1 connectivity.
* Experience with remote access (DSView) and file transfer tools such as FTP, SSH, RDP.
* Knowledge of standard network protocols, load balancing, and firewalls in a CISCO network environment.
* Extensive experience designing and architecting highly available, secure, scalable hosting infrastructures.
* Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions and tools, including clustering, load balancing, layer 1 connectivity, etc.
* Experience with layer 1 connectivity of SAN and NAS technologies, CIFS and NFS protocols.
* ITIL knowledge and experience.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
* Deploy cabling infrastructure in the Data Centers, including cable runs, and copper terminations at the patch panels. Validate new infrastructure.
* Validation of copper and all types of fiber, end-to-end using advanced tools and methods.
* Setup and troubleshoot remote access DSView issues
* Configure LAN closets at 2MTC including re-stacking.
* Issue basic commands to Cisco switches and routers when necessary.
* Deploy hardware such as WAPs (Wireless Access Points) and small network switches.
* Handle connectivity at the NOC or other client-managed MTC locations.
* Perform quality assurance by addressing gaps and suggesting improvements.
* Decommission cabling connections, using extreme caution so as to not impact productions links.
* Migrate equipment between two locations (very close to each other physically)
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)