|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
1.) Experience working in a Data Center environment (1 year+)
2.) Hardware Troubleshooting Experience
3.) Experience working with an enterprise ticketing system
**Ideal Candidate will have experience troubleshooting servers in an enterprise data center environment. At minimum, candidate must have experience in a Data Center as well hardware troubleshooting from a prior role. Candidates without DC experience will not be considered.
Data center technician with experience working in a production environment with 5000+ servers. The current data center has between 10,000 – 15,000 servers, but candidates that have been in a 5,000+ server environment will be able to adapt.
- 1+ years experience deploying and supporting servers in a 7/24 production data center environment
- 1+ years as a data center technician
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills and the ability to communicate and interact with all team members
- Experience supporting SAN or NAS technologies (NetApp, EMC) is plus
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Hardware installation and configuration in production and staging environments (unix servers, network and storage equipment)
- Be a subject matter expert on everything data center related – Physical build / troubleshooting / best practices
- Identify hardware issues, work with vendors to resolve them
- Handle trouble tickets related to system maintenance and repair
- Keep inventory system up-to-date, provide timely updates on inventory levels for spare parts and misc items
- Manage site growth by keeping things organized
- Responsible for SLAs for projects, HW repairs, installations for the team
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.