|Date Posted||January 10, 2019|
A mid sized telecommunications company is looking for 2 Data Center technicians to work at there Piscataway, NJ location.
These resources will be performing Install-Move-Add-Change ("IMAC") activities in each Data Center facility including but not limited to racking, cabling, relocation, decommissioning, and handling of materials. They will also perform power cycle, cable tracing, in cabinet power connections, network copper and fiber jumper installation.
Other duties include:
– Install and maintain copper and fiber infrastructure cabling, including installation of new runs, de-installation and removal of un-needed, or out of date materials, re-termination of Infrastructure copper, re-termination of field terminated fiber. As well as install of routers and switches all brands from cisco to HP.
– Basic Tools and test equipment to support copper and fiber operations in each facility, including basic hand tools, copper testing equipment,fiber testing equipment, fiber inspection and cleaning equipment for any fiber system installed in these facilities
– Management of materials inventory for commonly used cables, jumpers, tools and equipment
Must be able to install utilizing inside and outside plant industry best practices for all media types, structured cabling systems, backbone cabling, , grounding & bonding, pathways and space, firestopping, technology systems, wireless, etc.).
* Must be collaborative and team spirited, able to work and interface with multiple organizations.
* Must be self-starting and able to function with a minimal amount of direct supervision and direction. Must be organized and able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and timelines at the same time.
* Must have proven skills in understanding design, consulting, bid administration, construction administration.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
1)3-5 yrs. exp. Racking/Stacking servers and network components
2)3-5 yrs. exp. Fiber and cabling installation
3)3-5 yrs. exp. working in large data centers handling support, testing and installation work.
The hours for this project are:Tuesday thru Thursday is 5PM to 1:30 Friday is 3PM start and Saturday is 8AM start.
This project is a contract with the possibility of going fulltime
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.