|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Our client is seeking a Data Center Technician to join their Site Operations team!
Site Operations team deploys and maintains all Linux server and network infrastructure located in our client's production Data Centers. Their mission to maximize availability of the fleet through the quick deployment and repair of Linux servers and network infrastructure, supporting company growth while minimizing downtime of these valuable resources.
What You'll Do
- Install, upgrade and repair servers in a large scale data center environment.
- Identify server hardware issues and determine appropriate corrective action.
- Perform basic network troubleshooting
- Respond to and update tickets in accordance with team procedures.
- Track and escalate trouble tickets to resolution.
- Work closely with cross functional groups in a team oriented environment
Who You Are: Our client is looking for a high energy, technically skilled individual capable of working in a team environment and/or independently in a large scale data center environment.
- Minimum of one to three years supporting Linux OS and a broad range of hardware platforms
- Basic hardware troubleshooting techniques and experience installing server components
- Basic understanding of networking and network technologies
- Basic understanding of data center cabling methodologies
- Familiarity with Mac OS would be considered a plus
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk would be considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts and overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to stand and/or walk for up to 6-7 hours daily
- Demonstrates a positive work attitude with an emphasis on productivity and quality
- Commitment to a culture of safety
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS