|Date Posted||July 20, 2018|
Kforce has a client seeking a Desktop Technician in Des Moines, Iowa (IA).
This position has the responsibility of imaging computing devices based on predefined records provided in each order that comes into the Des Moines Configuration Center. This position also includes computer refurbishment: the ability to diagnose, repair, and clean used computing devices that come into the Configuration Center.
- Provides PC/LAN support
- Uses specified systems and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot desktop, laptop, and peripheral hardware, software, applications, operating systems and related network problems for individual users and resolves basic to moderately complex issues or escalates as needed
- Completes work orders and move/add/change requests with general direction, including patches, upgrades, software deployments, installations, repairs and preventive maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers and related systems and completes documentation
- May assist in the installation and configuration of voice and data equipment
- Provides training and technical assistance to users
- Participates in testing, implementing, maintaining and controlling PC/LAN systems
- Understands BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported area and analyzes the impact of technical alternatives on the systems environment
- Assists in testing the business continuation plan
- Escalates to senior staff and management when solution is unclear; reports problems with procedures
- Monitors related chat sessions for updates and notifications of incoming requests throughout the day; prioritizes these requests appropriately
- May image Virtual Machines and pass critical information to project team to enable data and user information transfers
- Escalates issues to other departments and management when solution is unclear
- Documents procedures and updates to policies and procedures