|Date Posted||July 6, 2018|
We are currently seeking an Electrical Field Service Technician that will be based at our Deer Park, TX location. This position will report to the Reliability Center Manager and will work with the USIG Regional Reliability team to achieve strategic reliability goals within the Region.
The overall objective of the Electrical Field Service Technician is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost.
The Electrical Field Service Technician will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for electrical systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
1. Maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical distribution systems and equipment including:
a. Substations, Breakers, Switchgear, MCCs, Protective Relay systems, Battery and UPS systems and Transformers with voltages up to 138kV.
b. Induction and synchronous motors up to 40,000 hp and 15,000 volts.
c. Back-up generators up to 1500kW.
2. Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform preventive maintenance based on established procedures.
3. Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform predictive maintenance – such as IR Thermography, Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial Discharge Analysis and Power Quality Analysis.
4. Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
5. Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic electrical asset concerns (bad actors).
6. Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of electrical work.
7. Assess equipment performance data and ensure optimal and efficient performance.
8. Provide on-site or remote direction to plant or contract personnel to ensure safe and effective work.
9. Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires up to 50% out of town travel domestically.
Accessibility during off-hours is required.
Employee will be required to work in all weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.