|Date Posted||September 6, 2018|
Electronics Technician Maintenance III
Chamblee, GA ( ID # 13282 )
Our client, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the nation's tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress. The agency’s stated mission is to provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all.
We are seeking an experienced Electronic Maintenance Technician (EMT) to work closely with other members of the company's service team, engineering team, and directly with clients to design, install, maintain, and/or repair integrated electronic security systems. This position will provide preventive service and technical support at project sites across the country and report directly to the Project Manager.
- Planning, procurement, installation, daily on-site maintenance, upgrades, replacements, preventive maintenance, and inventory control of all physical security equipment to include, but not limited to Hirsch access control equipment, cameras, sensors, door strikes, relay boards, and DVRs
- Applying a thorough knowledge of different electronic and solid state voice and data systems including their capabilities, functions of their major circuits, and the associated cables and wiring used to interconnect the systems
- Providing technical assistance to sub-contractors and lower grade workers along with technical advice or assistance on unusual or very difficult problems
- Electrical troubleshooting, device testing, installation of electronic components, surveillance camera installation and experience with software monitoring systems for systems monitoring
- Responsible for different electronic and solid state voice and data systems including their capabilities, functions of their major circuits, and the associated cables and wiring used to interconnect the systems
- Use computer diagnostic equipment to analyze and restore faulty voice and non-voice circuits. Independently determine the work sequences, tools, and materials required. Follow or refer to layout sheets, building plans, floor plans, circuit schematics and descriptions, and manufacturer’s technical guidance.
- Occasional overtime required
- Travel to support multiple locations including Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina with central base out of Chamblee, Georgia.
- Demonstrated experience and training in the basics of circuitry and electronics, basic wiring connections, fiber optic cabling and connections, CCTV, Access Control, CAT6 cabling runs and troubleshooting
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of a variety of systems such as access control hardware/software, Electronic Security Systems and CCTV hardware/software
- Approximately 5 years of experience in government or commercial installations and locations preferred
- Demonstrated experience installing a wide variety of equipment including configuration of connections with centralized monitoring systems such as Software House, Hirsch or other vendors preferred
- Experience and formal training as a low voltage electrician a plus
- Formal training in basics of electronics and circuitry either in technical school or certifications received during training classes from industry vendors
- Must be skilled in the use of test equipment such as: digital multimeters, toner tracer, lineman handset, video test monitor and cable tracers
- Certification as an installer of equipment such as Pelco, Identiv/Hirsch, American Dynamics and Honeywell
- Ability to lift or move items up to 25 lbs.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to obtain at least a Department of Treasury clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokeesecurity.com
Cherokee Nation Security & Defense (CNSD) provides state-of-the-art critical site infrastructure protection, security surveillance services, access control technologies and complete security integration for both government and commercial clients. The company handles projects such as civil construction, complex security and command center design. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNSD is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]”. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.