|Date Posted||July 25, 2018|
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This position is responsible to:
• Carry out engineering improvement duties on production and associated equipment in greater depth and complexity than the line mechanics.
• Ensure that maximum production throughput is realized on all engineering improvements.
• Lead engineering and maintenance related problem solving and root cause analysis on the floor and deploy appropriate solutions and permanent preventative actions.
• Direct the activities of contractors, operators, and maintenance technicians during machine installations and upgrades/improvements.
• Provide mechanics’ training and assessments on newly installed or modified production equipment.
• Possess technical knowledge of the relationships between equipment, raw materials, and critical process control points in order to troubleshoot any type of equipment issue.
• Provide assistance and expertise during machine FAT’s (Factory Acceptance Testing), Trials, Studies, and Validations.
• Lead data collection efforts as it relates to continuous improvement activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
This position reports directly to the Value Stream Engineer.
The scope of this position involves the following:
1. Provide 100% floor coverage across the entire production facility.
2. Covering breakdown issues, from the point of occurrence, assist mechanics in troubleshooting the problem, participating in each step of the repair based on teams’ capability and/or assisting in the repair with a mechanic.
3. Use proactive problem solving skills to optimize uptime by identifying and preventing breakdowns/downtime in the running mode by the use of the high speed camera and/or other techniques as necessary
4. Provide troubleshooting skills and help to resolve product quality problems related to equipment, process, or raw material issues.
5. Ensure that the Company safety and OSHA procedures are followed at all times.
6. Use the appropriate analytical tools and measuring techniques to pin point problems, setup and repair machines for the proper operation of equipment, such as:
a. High Speed Camera
b. Vibration Analysis
c. Limited PLC troubleshooting and creation
d. Fundamental process engineering work.
7. Maintain equipment on the line that requires higher skilled knowledge (PLC interface, complex setup, critical settings identification and monitoring).
8. Train operator’s in machine maintenance skills and techniques required to maintain, inspect and setup machines for production operation when required by the Manager.
9. Establish and maintain centerline setting for the machines. Assess operator’s skills for additional training when required.
10. Lead problem solving and technical resolution during significant down time events or other times in a proactive manner.
11. Read and create: electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings to resolve line/equipment issues.
12. Utilize MP2 for monitoring equipment MTBF and MTBR.
13. Utilize the work order system efficiently for scheduling and timely completion of outstanding work.
14. Work effectively and communicate well with Engineering, shift Production, and Maintenance Supervision.
15. Provide technical reports when needed.
16. Work necessary amounts of overtime without prior notice when needed.
17. Be aware and able to use additional sources of technical support within the company, assisting with production line operation; i.e., maintenance and training manuals, etc.
18. Be flexible on the schedule to cover and support business needs requiring off-shift work
19. Assist with developing and improving P.M. procedures on production line equipment and JSHA assessments for P.M. procedures as directed by Manager.
20. Utilize the CAD system, to assist Engineering and maintenance functions as required.
21. Use a Word Processor and Spreadsheet computer package to develop/amend Engineering or maintenance documentation.
22. Be prepared to undertake additional training, as the company may deem necessary.
23. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: • High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Vocational school / college training in mechanical or electrical engineering disciplines desired.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: • Ability to demonstrate superior mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical control diagnostic experience on automated machines. (Preferred)
• Have experience in employing correct shaft alignment techniques for drive and driven shaft alignment and know the different coupling types available. (Preferred)
• Be able to replace bearings in an electric motor and overhaul a pump. (Preferred)
• Experienced in the use of all workshop tools, grinding, and drilling machines in a safe manner to the Companies Safe Operating Procedures (excluding automatic metal cutting machines and welders unless specifically trained in the use of such equipment by the
• Knowledge of flow wrapping machinery either vertical form fill or horizontal preferred.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD system preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • 2 years Nicepak experience in a Technical role or 5 years external experience in technical role with degree or certification.
• Experience in a Consumer Products environment preferred.
• Must be capable of and preferred to have experience in precise installation of production equipment including the use of:
o Line layout Center lining
o Laser leveling
• Must have prior project experience with:
SKILLS/ABILITIES: • Ability to fabricate parts at appropriate precision and tolerances from Engineering drawings utilizing:
o Lathe, Mill, Bend/Sheer press, saw, and welding. Highly preferred.
• Solid computer skills
• Technical Writing Skills (preferred)
KPI’s • Line Efficiency
NONE: Manufacturing production environment
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or
others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional
and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
- Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.