This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Northstar Technology Corporation contract position Engineering Technician IV
The Engineering Technician IV is to perform the following duties:
- Assists organizational staff (e.g. Engineers, Program Managers, and Foreman) in providing preventive maintenance scheduling, working assignments, and periodical work program accomplishment/status.
- Tracks, reviews, and updates work orders for the purpose of validating cost codes, man-hour utilization, equipment and material used, and compliance with identified maintenance schedules.
- Acts as the coordinator between the federal employees in the field providing technical assistance, general information, and assistance on a variety of matters.
- Assist in maintaining data integrity of automated systems; gathering necessary information and documentation for reports as necessary.
- Assists in data gathering for WAPA internal audits as required.
- May be required to attend internal WAPA meetings.
- Responsible for complying with safety and health regulations.
- Assist with preparing procurement packages for highly technical electrical equipment and or/services. Prepare close-out package for projects.
- Input purchase requests into the financial system. Purchase requests are only entered with the consent of the Project Managers, Engineers, and Power System Technicians using the proper charge codes provided.
- Specific tasks for one Construction Technician in addition to 1-9 above:
- Review construction contractor payrolls for compliance with Davis-Bacon wage rates and applicable labor standards. Update CO and COR of compliance with Wage Act.
- Assists Federal representative in the preparation, review, and distribution of construction drawings. Consolidates all as-built drawings into one set, ensure that drawings being transmitted are the latest version, and make copies and distribute drawings.
- Assists the Federal Representative in reviewing construction specifications and solicitation documents packages for completeness, errors, and omissions required documentation.
- Assist in preparing and monitor, and receive Government-furnished equipment orders. Ensure that the correct quantity of material is ordered, the correct quantity is received, deliveries meet schedule, and the material is transported to the correct location.
- Assist in conducting pre-construction conferences with construction contractors. Prepare the outline for the meeting, take notes during the meeting, provide the necessary forms to the Contractor, and explain the use of the forms to the Contractor.
- Assist in processing contractor invoices. Verify that the contractor performed the work or provided the material, review the invoice for accuracy, and enter the information into the financial system.