|Date Posted||October 29, 2018|
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking an Engineering Tech in Indianapolis.
The Engineering Tech will support our PG Technologies in Indianapolis and will report to the Slurry production manager.
- Works with Quality and Engineering organizations to reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and achieve acceptable first pass yield
- Supports creation of documentation necessary for new applications, including job instructions, job routers, job safety analyses, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Supports equipment failure analysis ,and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts to improve equipment uptime
- Participates in reliability related incident investigations; prioritizes action items, and follows-up on their implementation
- Supports Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) efforts to increase machine utilization, as defined by facility targets
- Analyze process data
- Works as integral team member on productivity projects utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices
- Supports the design and modify tooling / fixturing for new product introduction and improvement of existing processes
- Supports design reviews with safety and ergonomics focus on plant systems and production equipment changes
- Collaborates with Engineering to resolve tooling related quality issues
- Responsible for cell Chemistry Analysis
- Support production as needed
- Other duties as required
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person’s home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.