|Location||Green Island, NY|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
JOB TITLE: Facilities and Equipment Technician
The Facilities and Equipment Technician will report to the Facilities Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining the Facility and Facilities Equipment in accordance with Crystal IS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Work Instructions, and Equipment Specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of facility equipment including but not limited to: BMS, Air Compressors, HVAC Systems, Strobic Fans, Chilled Water System, Generator, exhaust, electrical and plumbing systems. Includes recording operational data, maintaining equipment documentation, evaluation of system capacity, and response to excursions;
- Responsible for performing prescribed maintenance (PM) procedures and facility equipment operation in accordance with SOPs, work instructions and visual aids;
- Assist Equipment Engineers in coordinating installation of new or modification of existing equipment. This would include working with contractors to tie in or modify facility services to the tool and/or hardware installation tasks;
- Work with Inventory Control to maintain proper inventory levels of critical spares, parts and maintenance of tool boxes;
- Maintain Mechanical, Air Compressor, Facilities Shop and Storage areas in compliance with 5S guidelines;
- Perform periodic checks and maintenance of fire and life safety systems including but not limited to: fire alarm, security, safety showers & eyewashes, AED, fire extinguishers, first aid kits and lock out tag out supplies;
- Communicate equipment or building problems with the Facilities Manager and/or Equipment Engineer;
- Responsible for accepting, receiving and inspecting incoming goods in accordance with SOPs;
- Maintain the facility including cleaning, painting, movement of equipment and furniture;
- Maintain safe entries and egresses during inclement weather;
- Oversee third party work as required to support maintenance or project activities;
- Comply with the Crystal IS Safety Policy and promote safe work culture;
- Support any afterhours building or equipment needs and activities as required;
- Attending training session and seminars; and
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate. Associates degreee preferred;
- Mechanical background with two or more years' experience in a related industry;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Proficiency with computer and software programs such as Word, Excel, CMMS;
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing; and
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with third parties and Crystal IS personnel.
- Is authorized to stop or shut down any equipment that is dangerous.
- Reports on Facilities and Equipment operations to the Facilities Manager.