|Date Posted||July 26, 2018|
Belimo is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of actuator solutions for controlling heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Actuators, control valves and sensors make up the company's core business.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for the overseeing and the maintenance of Belimo’s Danbury, CT building and surrounding grounds. Building operations and building systems including electrical, HVAC, security, fire alarm and building access will be managed and maintained in good working order.
COMPANY'S MISSION AND VALUES
The objectives of this position are fully integrated to the objectives of the Company’s Mission and Values. It is the responsibility of all employees to perform their duties in accordance with Company Policy.
The position reports to the Facilities Manager and bears full responsibility for agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Works with vendors and service companies performing work associated with the maintenance, repair and improvements to the building, surrounding property and parking areas.
- Ensures that building systems including power, lighting, HVAC, security and building access, remain functional and in good operating condition at all times. Ensures that conditions in the building and surrounding property are safe for employee use at all times.
- Works with managers of departments housed in the building to ensure the needs of employees and departments, for properly and efficiently conducting Belimo business, are met. Coordinates these efforts with department managers.
- Recommends improvements to the building and its systems.
- Supports Belimo employees serving as facilities technician at other Belimo Americas facilities.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager with the objective of supporting the company’s operations and the facilities infrastructure.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in building operations and physical plant.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, equipment operations and safety.
- Knowledge of computerized building systems a plus.
- Thoroughness and attention to details.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and ability to work effectively in groups.
- Electrical degree and or Electrical License (E1/E2) preferred.
- Plumbing or Mechanical background and or License (P1/P2) preferred.
- HVAC background and or License (S1/S2)
- Experience with low voltage controls, BACNET, MSTP, IP preferred.
- Access to all areas building 24/7.
We offer competitive salary & an excellent benefits package including performance bonus & an outstanding 401K Plan. Belimo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.