|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
SRG offers the industry flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services in the clinical, manufacturing, medical and scientific fields. Through our innovative approach and proprietary database of over one million professionals, SRG Life Sciences offers ready access to the talents that drive today's rapid paced and competitive landscape. Additionally, SRG Life Sciences has a proven track record of placing cross-functional roles such as Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, Engineering, Professional and Government Services for our Life Sciences clients.
- Title: Fiber Optic Technician
- Location: Winter Park, FL
- Industry: Optics, Spectroscopy, Manufacturing, Photonics
- Job Duties:
- Polishing of standard SMA 905 connectors after fiber has been terminated, fiber tip cleaved, and any excess epoxy removed.
- Maintain, read, and understand technical documentation (SOPs and work instructions)
- Make continuity and quality checks on work in process and completed fiber prior to turning work in.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Use of a microscope to inspect fiber and connectors for defects such as scratches, cracks, and to verify light passage.
- Proper use of dial indicator for verifying connector tolerance.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- High School Diploma
- Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
Scope of project:
Contract to Permanent role with a large Manufacturing facility in Winter Park, FL. Growth opportunity for the right candidate. Must have previous experience working with optics.
- Experience polishing and terminating fiber-optic connections
- Proficient with fiber optic cable, various connectors, testing, documentation Minimum of 1 year of experience in related field
Keyword search string: Manufacturing, Optics Spectrometers Manufacturing, Photonics, Optical, Photometer. Fiber Optics, Polish, Quality, Cable, Wiring