|Date Posted||April 4, 2018|
Fire Alarm Technician Dallas, TX Contract-To-Hire
The Fire Alarm Technician shall maintain and adhere to technical orders and good commercial practices for all fire and electronic controls maintenance actions throughout the base. Principal Accountabilities
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems
- Interprets instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications
- Expertise with the use of applicable test equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management
- Operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems
- Submit timely reports
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be registered, licensed, or certified by a state or local authority
- Must be qualified by an organization listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory for the servicing of fire alarm systems
- Must have fluency in reading, writing, and speaking, and understanding English
- Knowledge of document and report writing
- Technical understanding
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures
- Ability to use a computer and related software
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of experience in the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Two years of experience in fire alarms and fire suppression systems, or a combination of equivalent education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities
- Factory trained and certified for fire alarm system service of the specific type and brand of system
- NICET 1 Certification required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
If you are currently available, and interested in hearing more please reply to this AD with current resume, and we will follow up.
*A3 Solutions an Onin Group Company is an equal opportunity employer.
A3 Staffing Solutions