|Date Posted||May 17, 2017|
Perform general repairs in and around hotel as needed.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineer and Engineering Supervisor perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience. Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required. Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
Respond to guest room calls as required.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
• Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have all around skills and be able to make minor electrical, plumbing, a/c, painting, and wallpaper and carpentry repairs.
• Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
• Machine operators: (without inspection), mechanics, skilled trades people. Works with lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. Also, mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
• Mobile equipment operators: those who operate cars, trucks, cranes, forklifts and high lift equipment.
• The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
• The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.
Must have minimum of one year hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any required licenses, certificates or permits.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.