|Date Posted||August 10, 2018|
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air handling units, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance and tenant services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, lubrication, control and performance check.
- Replace bearings, motors, and dampers.
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, air handling units, motors.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
- Repair all restroom fixtures clear drain obstructions
- Replace & install electrical circuits
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement..
- Clean coils in air handling units and convectors to maintain optimum heat exchange.
- Operate sprinkler & alarm systems, place systems out of service and drain for testing purposes
- Test operate and inspect fire/life safety systems and standby generators
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, record inspections, write reports to Supervisors.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Mechanical Trades or Trade School training.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in maintenance, and repair of building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
- Familiarity with operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, standby emergency generators.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Valid driver’s license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned along with Driving skills with up to 1-1/2-ton truck.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.