This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Location||Fort Riley, KS|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2018|
- Effectively manages, presents, and analyzes spatial data using ESRI products.
- Incorporates spatial and non-spatial data from a broad range of sources into Enterprise ArcSDE geodatabases. Sources include but are not limited to: Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, AutoCAD files, and Microstation drawings
- Creates highly detailed, complex maps appropriate for dissemination to Installation Property Management and field operations that effectively communicate spatial information, conveying the results of GIS analyses.
- Carefully and efficiently manages GIS data, GPS data and incorporates field data from the Operations Department for asset and inventory management.
- Insures that GIS data is properly formatted for seamless integration into Cityworks
- Tracks GIS corrections and update requests through the Cityworks user interface
- Creates maps, apps, and publishes services using ArcGIS Online solutions
- Incorporates ESRI’s COTS solutions technology to expand the foundations of our GIS program
- Manages and maintains ArcGIS Online groups, content, and other relevant services
- Develops tile packaged basemaps to be cached and used in ArcGIS Online, Cityworks, and other software applications
- Assists in the creation, updating, and maintenance of the ArcGIS Online webpage
- Fulfills internal survey requests using total station equipment or similar GPS based hardware
- Field locates underground utility assets and utilizes GPS technology to integrate field observations with GIS data
- Performs research and analysis to support best practices, geospatial applications and services
- Assists and performs data manipulation and integration tasks in a SQL Server environment.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of multiple subsidiary geodatabases in accordance with corporate standards defined to ensure compliance and thorough accounting for redetermination efforts.
- Creates, defines, models and implements standardized geodatabase schemas to be used at all ASUS subsidiary locations.
- Maintains, edits, and updates the existing schema to meet company and contractual needs
- Publishes changes and communicates schema updates to entire GIS team
- Trains staff in GPS data collection using Trimble GPS units or similar survey equipment.
- Trains new GIS technicians in current business and data manipulation practices
- As needed assists with drafting for capital projects using AutoCAD software based on verbal instructions or sketches provided by Engineers.
- Assists Engineering Department in preparing exhibits and compiling information for capital budgets, system inventories, project status reports and schedules.
- Manages as-built plans of completed projects and updates system maps.
- Responsible for maintaining plotter/scanner software, equipment and media.
- Collaborates with the other GIS roles located at various installations to develop and maintain spatial databases, tune spatial content, and ensure the reliability of data content.
- Participates in meetings with various staff and third party contractors to fully understand expected project outcomes.
- Assists Information Technology with troubleshooting problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools and data.
- Provides ongoing support to the Engineering Design Center (EDC) and assists with GIS data conversions for AutoCAD utilization
- Provides ongoing training, support, and troubleshooting services for GIS programs, functions, and related hardware/software. Represents ASUS by creating reports, giving presentations, or producing similar content to share within the GIS community and utilities industry via conferences, local user groups, and other professional functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.