|Date Posted||October 31, 2018|
Laboratory Technician – Johnston, IA
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for a Laboratory Technician for one of our top clients in Johnston, IA. This is a 12-month contract position.
As a Laboratory Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for performing tasks according to accepted methods and training prescribed by the work group.
- With guidance from supervision, primary responsibility is to assist technical personnel in general laboratory operations and routine laboratory or information handling tasks in support of scientific research.
- Performing day to day greenhouse/growth chamber activities including planting, pollinating, tissue sampling, pest/disease scouting, harvesting, threshing, discarding, chamber sanitation, general plant care, data collection, data entry, facility cleanliness and maintaining safety standards.
- Ability to work around soybeans, wheat, pollens and dusts for long periods of time.
- This position may require working weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed during peak periods.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- HS/AAS degree in Science or related field.
- Experience in growth chamber and greenhouse environments is highly desired.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.