|Date Posted||April 21, 2017|
DCS – Germantown, TN – Job# 745783
***Please be mindful to read the entire job description before applying to the position. If interested in applying please email Anthony at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with your resume in a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Please include “DCS – Germantown, TN – Job# 745783” in the subject line and an introduction to yourself in the body of the email.***
Job Title: Server Hardware Technician
Hiring Company: Apex Systems Inc. – 'Best in IT Staffing 2016' award winner
Location: Germantown, TN 38120 (Large Data Center Environment)
Pay: DOE – Starting hourly rate ranges between $17 – $26 per hour. You are paid weekly on a W2 basis and OT is time + half.
Job duration: 6+ month, possible conversion to direct hire by the client if successful
- Target start date would be approximately mid-May
Hours: 40 hours/week. 1st shift. On-call and weekend as needed. (Looking for flexibility here)
Key details of Server Hardware Technician:
- You will be expected to change out hardware components such as hard drives, RAM, Network Cards, Mother Boards, power supplies, etc.
- Days/Hours will fluctuate, need candidates who can be flexible for nights and weekend work (this is a 24×7 environment)
- You will be responsible for monitoring a ticketing system and resolving tickets in a timely manner
- To resolve tickets you will need past experience with hardware troubleshooting
Pluses of Data Server Hardware Technician:
- Must have previous hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience working in an enterprise environment
- Experience in maintaining agreed SLAs
- Previous experience in a Data Center is ideal
- Experience working with Linux is preferred
- Experienced in RMA work is preferred
Hiring Requirements of Server Hardware Technician:
- Must be able to pass criminal background check investigation (no exceptions)
- Must be able to pass a drug test (no exceptions)
This is an open-ended contract, and the hourly rate ranging from $17.00 – $26.00 per hour. Additional perks include: CompTIA certification discounts, a business casual work environment, career development workshops through Apex Systems, technical training webinars, contractor health benefits (at a group discounted rate), matching 401K, and more! (Note: PTO/Vacation pay is NOT included while on contract)
Apex Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 866-612-2739.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.