|Date Posted||August 12, 2017|
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Hardware Engineering Tech for a contract role in Austin, TX
Hardware Engineering Tech
As a Hardware Engineering Tech placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as test, checkout and modifications of design circuitry, electro-mechanical systems or specialized test equipment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- May perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Work performed within generally define d parameters but candidate should have self-direction to coincide with project timelines.
- Moderate degree of judgment required in re solving non-standard problems.
- Normally receives general instructions on most work.
Job Requirements: "Not open to remote workers" and "Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship”
- Must be able to assemble, bring up, configure and debug complex test platforms using a large variety of test equipment and software such as but not limited to DMM, power supplies, oscilloscopes, schematics and software tools under various operating systems.
- Must be able to install and configure firmware, BIOS, patches, industry standard operating systems, sockets, processors and custom jigs on test platforms and collect data using a variety of software tools.
- Should be able to multitask and work collaboratively with others both on site and cross site.
- Nice to have skills are regression testing and software driver installs on Windows and Android
- Install thermal solution (Water reservoir, Thermal Heads, Thermal Controller). Must read the docs and contact the hardware owners to get help (self-starter)
- Change Parts, memories and maintain the hardware (keep track of the hardware)
- Board debug, rework, flash bios, update FPGAs
- Run our automation scripts: Need to have some understanding of Python scripting.
- Should be ready to contribute with limited training
Apply directly this job posting
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.