|Location||Arlington, VA, VA|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2018|
HVAC Building Technician
Our client, a top commercial real estate company, is seeking an HVAC Building Technician to work 100% remote and be able to service 35 buildings in the Arlington, VA area.
This is a contract to hire role with the client having a strong preference to hire on the HVAC Building Technician full time after the 6 month contract term. In this position you will travel to the various 35 buildings to address any issues with the buildings.
Ideal candidate will need to have a STRONG background in HVAC as well as mechanical skills related to a building technician. The candidate will be responsible for HVAC issues as well as fixing locks, doors, changing filters, etc.
● Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
● Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
● Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
● Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry 25lbs.
● Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
● Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
● Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
● Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities.
● Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
● Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
● Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner.
● Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
● Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
● Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.