|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
JOB TITLE: HVAC Mechanics
JOB FUNCTION: Supervise, troubleshoot and maintain equipment in Central Utility Plant and Dulles Discovery buildings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
- Assist General Maintenance Workers with the maintenance and repairs of the building air systems on the site.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
- Perform preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Attend meetings with Client and USG and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Supervise HVAC Tour Mechanics, Locksmiths, Plumbers and General Maintenance Workers as directed by his supervisor.
- Monitor Subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Perform other task as directed by his Supervisor.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly.
- CFC Universal
- Journeyman HVAC License, or Md. Class 1 Engineers, or DC 3rd, or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:Chillers =/+500 tons Pumps Control SystemsVAV’s VFD’s In Row Coolers Refrigerant systems
Air Handlers Cooling Towers Heat Exchangers
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations and basic knowledge of a refrigerant cycle.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment.supplies.parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled