|Date Posted||August 12, 2018|
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a HVAC Mechanic in Bethesda, Maryland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC/refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/CM and manufacturers specifications.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
- Installs and services new HVAC/refrigeration equipment. Perform all aspects of repairs to Air Handling Units (AHU) to include filter replacement, bearing replacement, motor replacement, belt replacement and proper alignment.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption within Research Facility.
- Complete Work Order and Preventative Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Participates in the building management system (Johnson Control Metasys and Phoenix Controls). Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
- Tracks refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
- Installs, maintains and repairs all field devices for the Temperature Tracking System.
- Participates in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
- Performs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, electricians, carpenters, and plant operators when necessary.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Be able to read and understand manufacture’s submittals and literature. Review and provide recommendations to preventive maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts for equipment as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Be able to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
- Follows and implements standard Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
- Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health certification. (EMCOR provided training)
- Must possess a Secret Clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience working with a variety of HVAC equipment.
- Must possess a current Journeyman HVAC License from MD, VA or DC.
- Must possess a Universal CFC Certification.
- Position requires strong knowledge of building automation systems, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control troubleshooting.
- The ability to comprehend written and oral instructions is required.
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Research Facility experience preferred.
- In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to other destinations as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.