|Date Posted||October 13, 2018|
Are you interested in a career where you can have a meaningful contribution to the community and be a part of a team? Allendale Association is looking for people like you. For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
Allendale Association, a Child Welfare, Mental Health and Special Education facility, is seeking a full time, HVAC/R Technician that performs skilled, complex work, in the repair, maintenance, and installation of the physical plant including, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, steam distribution equipment, and energy management systems. Works from sketches and blueprints to building code standards. Provides direction to Maintenance Worker II’s and I’s. Maintains a neat, efficient, and safe work area.
Attn: HR Dept.
P.O. Box 1088
Lake Villa, IL 60046
FAX: (847) 356-0290
Why work for Allendale?
- Our staff get the chance to:
- Challenge themselves daily
- Enjoy great benefits
- Working at Allendale can lead to:
- Growing within the agency – the majority of our supervisors, directors and VP’s grew from within Allendale!
- Gaining in-depth experience in the field and learn skills that will contribute to any other job
- Plans and performs preventive maintenance on the physical plant and HVAC/R equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs change outs on residential and commercial HVAC/R equipment to include hydronic and steam boiler systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and monitors BAS, VAV, and zoned systems controls.
- Advanced ability to fabricate sheet metal and to solder, braze, fit and weld piping to complete necessary repairs or for equipment replacement.
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze electrical systems.
- Performs duties related to special construction projects; and works with contractors and sub-contractors as assigned.
- Provides assistance in the supervision, direction, and training of Maintenance Worker II’s and I’s.
- Shovels and removes snow and ice from walkways as needed; and provides general assistance with roads and grounds maintenance as requested.
- Prepares appropriate records and paperwork related to the completion of work assignments.
- Performs other duties assigned