|Date Posted||October 11, 2017|
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a mobile HVAC Technician in the McAllen, Texas area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be knowledgeable on HVAC troubleshooting and installation techniques including:
- Brazing and soldering. Refrigerant recovery, evacuation, and charging with the ability to use a digital manifold gauge.
- Must have the ability to interpret a refrigerant temperature/pressure chart and be able to troubleshoot refrigerant flow and metering devices.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance on HVAC systems including evaporator and condenser coil washes, condensate drain line flush, air filter maintenance, maintain greaseable blower wheel bearings, change and properly tension\align belts, perform amp draws on electrical motors, test electrical systems including capacitors, contactors, relays, etc.
- Basic electrical theory and ability to read wiring diagrams.
- Must be proficient with use of electrical multimeter. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits including single phase and three phase systems.
- Must possess CFC or EPA 608 Universal Refrigerant Certification.
- Trade school graduate or 3-6 years equivalent experience.
- Must have experience with commercial HVAC systems (roof top units, package units, split systems. Chiller experience is a plus.)
- Mobile technician servicing multiple sites. Mostly truck based work with occasional overnight travel required. Periodic emergency on call response required.
- Experience with diesel generators, fire protection systems, electrical systems, basic plumbing, air compressor systems, and fuel systems is a plus.
- Candidate should possess basic computer skills and be able to operate tablets, smartphones, and basic computer systems. Technician work orders will be distributed and completed on a digital device.
- Must have the ability to provide detailed work order notes and vital equipment data on work performed.
- Experience with the Maximo work order platform is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to pass a SF-85p Federal Law Enforcement Background Investigation.
- Valid Driver’s license with satisfactory driving record required.
- Employment is contingent upon successful compliance.
In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to other destinations as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled