|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under moderate supervision, performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems, pumping, security and sensor equipment. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overhauls and services air conditioning, heating, and ventilating equipment. Removes and installs motors, thermostats, and humidistat.
- Repairs and replaces worn and broken parts on condensers, compressors, and water and vacuum pumps.
- Repairs and adjusts valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings; adjusts electrical parts and equipment; adjusts expansion valves and adds gas to refrigeration units; and tests refrigeration equipment for refrigerant leaks.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on repairs and service to equipment.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.