|Date Posted||May 5, 2018|
Johnson Service Group is currently searching for a HVAC Supervisor and HVAC Technicians on Day Shift for a food manufacturing and food packaging client in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This HVAC Technician opportunity is a direct hire positions offering competitive hourly pay rates with full benefits for the right person.
- Reports food safety and quality problems to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Leads all daily HVAC activities, including shift changes, delegation of assignments PMs, rebuilds, breakdowns repair and all other daily activities within department.
- Troubleshoot, repair, adjust, and replace equipment and components involving heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, boilers, and air compressors systems.
- Oversee daily boiler water treatment testing to insure water quality is within range and oversee monthly chemical inspections by outside contractor.
- Prioritize workload for HVAC techs.
- Conducts daily checks of process and building HVAC equipment which includes; chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handlers etc.
- Oversees the routine Preventative Maintenance and corrective maintenance pertaining to all HVAC equipment.
- Offers opinions and suggestions towards the improvement of existing equipment and supplies.
- Completes assigned work in an acceptable and productive time frame.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Responsible for communicating equipment breakdown status to department supervision, production supervision, planning/scheduling.
- Perform work in a safe, clean, thorough and professional manner.
- Assesses situations and develop solutions and estimated time frames to satisfy work requests.
- Researches and comprise parts lists necessary to satisfy work requests.
- Ensures compliance to all department and company’s procedures and policies.
- Develop PM standard operating procedures (Tasks, Frequency, Time etc.).
- Ensure Maintimizer is being adhered to as it relates to accurate entries to the system, such as time spent on jobs, materials, parts, supplies used on each jobs etc.
- Completes Preventative Maintenance audits for each piece of equipment in the facility.
- Works with planning and production on scheduling and prioritizing maintenance tasks necessary to obtain production efficiencies within determined standards.
- Assist manager with discipline by reporting infractions within department.
- Schedules and supervises routine tasks performed by outside contractors (repairs, semi-annual and annual inspection of boilers, re-tubing boilers, etc.)
- Measure employee’s efficiency as it relates to the time is takes to repair or complete a work order.
- Coach, train and develop employees.
- Take an active role in employee safety by identifying and reporting safety hazards and taking appropriate action to eliminate the hazard.
- Assist manager with hiring of associates.
- Responsible for performance reviews.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager.