|Date Posted||August 2, 2018|
Position Summary Information
Perform operation, maintenance, repair and installation of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning [HVAC] systems and other related components.
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitor contracted HVAC work. Maintain HVAC equipment and systems, correct problems, and perform new HVAC installations in compliance with applicable codes. Provide the most economical and safest HVAC service to campus. Complete work orders with priorities approved by immediate supervisor. Independently handle emergency work on weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Refrigeration Certificate
• High School Graduate or GED
• Commercial HVAC Training
• Some field experience in energy management and mechanical systems
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of HVAC equipment and preventive maintenance operation
• Automatic controls/building management computerized controls
HVAC Trade license
EMS related certification
Associate’s Degree in HVAC program
• Experience working from blueprints and drawings
• Experience on operation and maintenance of chiIIers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of principles and practices of maintenance, repair and replacement of HVAC equipment.
• Ability to repair and maintain a variety of equipment to include, but not limited to, air conditioning, boilers, air-handlers, fan coil units, pumps, valves, controllers (both DOC & Pneumatic), motors, starters, refrigeration and automated control systems.
• Ability to follow verbal instruction and work independently.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision and make sound decisions independently.
• Proficient in the use of hand, pneumatic, and electrical tools, as well as service manuals and all diagnostic equipment related to the trade.
• Ability to lift 50 Ibs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to function in close quarters or cramped environments.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
Operation of a State Vehicle
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.