|Date Posted||August 3, 2018|
Position Summary Information
The purpose of this position is to serve as a Technician for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform new HVAC installations in compliance with applicable codes.
• Complete work orders 100% with priorities approved by the immediate supervisor.
• Evaluate contracted work, monitor HVAC Section.
• Maintain equipment and systems, correct problems,recommends latest or best HVAC equipment, and methods to complete work.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Refrigeration Certificate
• High School Graduate or GED
• Commercial HVAC Training
• Some field experience in energy management and mechanical systems
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of HVAC equipment and preventive maintenance operation
• Automatic controls/building management computerized controls
HVAC Trade license
EMS related certification
Associate’s Degree in HVAC program
• Experience working from blueprints and drawings
• Experience on operation and maintenance of chiIIers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of principles and practices of maintenance, repair and replacement of HVAC equipment.
• Extensive hands on experience in HVAC computerized maintenance systems, i.e. Siemens, Honeywell, etc.
• Ability to repair and maintain a variety of equipment to include, but not limited to, air conditioning, boilers, air-handlers, fan coil units, pumps, valves, controllers (both DOC & Pneumatic), motors, starters, refrigeration and automated control systems.
• Ability to follow verbal instruction and work independently.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision and make sound decisions independently.
• Proficient in the use of hand, pneumatic, and electrical tools, as well as service manuals and all diagnostic equipment related to the trade.
• Ability to lift 50 Ibs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to function in close quarters or cramped environments.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
• Experienced in Snow Removal.
Operation of a State Vehicle
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.