|Date Posted||January 11, 2018|
U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated facility management service company, is has an immediate opening for a HVAC Building Specialist Technician in the Washington, DC area. The HVAC Building Specialist Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for operating a Siemens Building Technology-Landis Division Systems 600 with insight 2.8 and Johnson Controls METASYS Network Control unit systems.
- Responsible for operating, repair, adjust, modify, install components, test, calibrate existing pneumatic, pneumatic/electric, and electric/pneumatic control systems
- Responsible for locating deficiencies in the Direct Digital Control (DDC)-based EMCS systems as installed and notifying site management.
- Perform major and minor preventive maintenance on the installed EMCS.
- Responsible for monitoring utility consumption and demand and maintain written records of all activities related to these functions and generate a daily building systems status report and provide it to the Building Managers or designees.
- Ensure continuous operation and surveillance of the building EMCS and HVACR equipment by constant vigilance, analyzing readings and printout data, responding to alarms and complaints, performing repairs and required maintenance,
- Ensuring that appropriate remedial actions are taken to correct and resolve system indicators and functions, suggesting programming for adding system points and supporting graphics.
- Must be a licensed HVAC technician
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a control technician
- Must have a Universal CFC
- Siemens experience is a PLUS.
- Must possess factory certifications and training for Siemens Energy Management systems and Johnson Controls METASYS EMCS system
- Must have training in HVAC Principles and responsible for the upkeep and installation of Siemens Industry Building Automation Systems and equipment
- Knowledgeable and compliant with OSHA safety practices for electrical high voltage equipment, high and low pressure vessels and other motor driven automatic operation machinery.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alterations.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Must have experience with hardware integration and troubleshooting as well programming
Setting up and establishing preventative maintenance
Must be able maintain and repair electronic, pneumatic, pressure and electric controls.
Ability to monitor/control the HVACR systems and related equipment and machinery as well as a wide range and variety of critically-controlled environmental areas such as the Computer Center, LAN rooms, Technical Support Center, Emergency Operations Center, Telephone IX Switch Room, Communications Center, and other designated areas.
Must be able to perform a wide variety of troubleshooting and repairs relative to the EMCS ranging from resolving computer software problems to repairing and maintaining DDC hardware and actuators, and a wide variety of sensing devices (electronic, electric, and pneumatic) such as: thermostats, humidistats, water detectors, heat sensors, printed circuit boards, and other ancillary components